Hello Everyone, I'm a New Geocacher!

thehillpiggies

Hello :laughing: I have only just found out about Geocaching (what a great idea). When did Geocaching start and am I the only person who has not heard about it before, when I tell other people then say Oh yes Geocaching that's been going for years!!!!!!!!

Anyway I had no idea what I was doing really but thought I would give it a go, found out there are hidden Cache's just up the road from me, I have walked my dog past these loads of times having no idea they where there :D I found 3 Cache's, I was soooooo excited and pleased with myself :laughing: I'm getting the hand of it, going to look for more this evening.

Just want to say Thank You to all the people who spend time hiding these Cashe's, you give people so much Fun :anicute:

Lesley

Welcome to geocaching and the forums. I'm sure you will discover that it is a highly addictive hobby and will show you places that you didn't know existed. I believe there are tons of caches around where you are as I've frequently looked at the geocaching map for around that area as it is close to where I grew up!

Good luck!

We're also just getting starting with geocaching. We found our first one in a park near us by using a map. (don't have our GPS yet). It wasn't rated that difficult but it wasn't that easy either. It was a log in a rusty small tin container. We got so excited we borrowed the GPS from our daughter's car (Garmin Navi something) had her put in the coordinates and went searching the other end of the park with the grandkids (preschool age but low to the ground). Couldn't locate a thing but then we had trouble figuring out what the GPS was telling us. It said "John Henry on the left" but not how far. Will we have to climb trees, go into icky areas to find some of the caches? All the 4 year kept saying is "Let's find more treasures" and the 15 month kept trying to climb out of the stroller so we finally gave up when some teens came to the area to play around. (We'd already let her follow the GPS to the cache we'd located the day before. It was easier using the map than the GPS so we may not be working things right.)

Quiltingshirley

Hello :anitongue: I have only just found out about Geocaching (what a great idea). When did Geocaching start and am I the only person who has not heard about it before, when I tell other people then say Oh yes Geocaching that's been going for years!!!!!!!!

Anyway I had no idea what I was doing really but thought I would give it a go, found out there are hidden Cache's just up the road from me, I have walked my dog past these loads of times having no idea they where there :anitongue: I found 3 Cache's, I was soooooo excited and pleased with myself :anitongue: I'm getting the hand of it, going to look for more this evening.

Just want to say Thank You to all the people who spend time hiding these Cashe's, you give people so much Fun :laughing:

Lesley

I also just started. I have a question---the first 3 we tried to find looked like there has been no activity for several years. Really grown up, a little disapointing for a newbee. Can you tell if the cashe site is still there before you spend time going to find them. Thanks I think this would fun when I get the hang of it. Please email me if you can help . Happy Hunting

:anitongue:

Edited by cclip