GPS suggestions please

diabolic27

I am looking for a GPS which has the sensitivity of a Garmin etrex H but which will show the nearest caches to where I am (so I don't have to plan my route on the computer before leaving home). At the moment I need to do this before setting out but want the flexibility to "live life on the edge" and cache as the whim takes me. Would such a device also give me the co-ordinates and necessary clues?

Please can some-one let me know.

I am looking for a GPS which has the sensitivity of a Garmin etrex H but which will show the nearest caches to where I am (so I don't have to plan my route on the computer before leaving home). At the moment I need to do this before setting out but want the flexibility to "live life on the edge" and cache as the whim takes me. Would such a device also give me the co-ordinates and necessary clues?

Please can some-one let me know.

I am totally the same.. I had an iphone and it was brilliant but i dropped it and broke it.. you could go anywhere and it would just find caches wherever without having to mess about with the computer first.. i mean what if you go somewhere you hadnt planned, you cant geocache without the comp?? also, i bought a garmin oregon 550t and it cost £300.. u have to mess about first and also there is no satellite view like their is on the iphone... it would be so much better if there was a gps with that view.... Anyone know??

also, i bought a garmin oregon 550t and it cost £300.. u have to mess about first and also there is no satellite view like their is on the iphone... it would be so much better if there was a gps with that view.... Anyone know??

the oregon 550 can do satellite images. you just need a garmin birdseye subscription.