iTouch - Pocket query download failed

Dnalsi

I have the Groundspeak Geocaching app version 2.3.1 for my iTouch (V 4.1).

I use this for paperless caching. Download PQ's to view cache info in the field.

I've had it for over a year.

Up until about 2 weeks ago, it worked great.

Now it will NOT download Pocket queries. I get the "Pocket query download failed. Try again later" message.

A few days ago the app refused to open on my iTouch. After about 3 days of frustration with that, it will now open, but now it will not download any PQ's.

I've run a brand new PQ today and it does show up on the iTouch Pocket Queries page, however, when I go to download it (says it was last generated today) the download starts, then quickly fails, and I get the above error message.

I've re-run some existing PQ's today. One shows it was last generated today. The other shows it was last generated yesterday ( I did run it yesterday). Neither one will download on the iTouch.

This is VERY frustrating.

I've sent messages to Groundspeak but I get no response, just the canned:

"Thank you for contacting Groundspeak. We've received your message and it will be reviewed shortly." response.

I now have 9 PQ's ready for download, and I can't access them.

Any ideas?

This is VERY frustrating.

I've sent messages to Groundspeak but I get no response, just the canned:

"Thank you for contacting Groundspeak. We've received your message and it will be reviewed shortly." response.

I now have 9 PQ's ready for download, and I can't access them.

Any ideas?

Maybe complain to Apple. There is a place to register complaints. Maybe they are on summer vacation... Seriously.

Have you got the latest OS?

Did you try deleting it from the Touch and then resynching it. (I am doing the usual troubleshooting regime)

Ok.

I deleted it from the iTouch and resynched. Same problem.

Not sure how to update the version 2.3.1 of the app, which is what I'm struggling with now....;)

I do have a really big hammer and this is starting to look a lot like a nail....lol

Edited by Dnalsi

Lee,

Thank You VERY MUCH for the help ;)

My iTouch now has version 4.1.1 and is in the process of downloading - correction - it just finished downloading the PQ I've been working on for a few hours this AM.

I'm now on #2 of 9 :D:ph34r::huh:

You Sir - just made my day :)

The Geocache update is indeed FREE from iTunes, as long as you have a previously purchased version already installed. It does appear that you have to pay for it up until the very last dialog box - then it recognizes that you already purchased a version and tells you this will be a free download.

I can put the big hammer away now...:yikes: