Traveling Cache

Team Luvbassn

I have had something odd happen to me. I was at the A.P.E. cache along with about 400 others during the A.P.E. event this year at GCWsVIII, At the top of the climb there was a crowd around a lady holding a 4x4 cache and people were taking down the GC #. She explained that is was a traveling cache and those who logged it would get credit for finding a cache in England. When I did my profile with GSAK I now have distance between caches in one day of 9,000 miles. My previous long distance was under 3,000, California to Florida. I know how to fix it in GSAK but I am wondering should I. What are your thoughts? :)

Depends on what your goals are. It's an interesting artifact of how the system calculates such things. But if you are interested in knowing what your actual 1-day numbers are, you'll lose that. You have a pretty cool California - Florida day. If it were me, I'd probably engineer it in GSAK to more closely reflect reality.

I've found one traveling cache. Its owner updates the coordinates when it moves. I've corrected its coordinates (to the location where I actually found it) the same way I correct the coordinates of puzzle caches that I've solved, because I don't want to see a Find in a state I've never found a cache in.

YMMV...