Posting on other than Home state Forum

Mother Wolf

I live in Md but I travel cross country regularly so I have registered on several states forums so that I can utilize them for gaining help or info for when I will be in that state. Is that a NO NO? I have never had problems before but last month I tried to register on Nevada's forum but never got a confirmation. I had to contact a cacher from out there to post this info on the site in hopes that it could be resolved. He was very helpful however NO follow up in the thread by an administrator or contact from 1. I thought that was pretty rude. Any input here on this? TY

I live in Md but I travel cross country regularly so I have registered on several states forums so that I can utilize them for gaining help or info for when I will be in that state. Is that a NO NO? I have never had problems before but last month I tried to register on Nevada's forum but never got a confirmation. I had to contact a cacher from out there to post this info on the site in hopes that it could be resolved. He was very helpful however NO follow up in the thread by an administrator or contact from 1. I thought that was pretty rude. Any input here on this? TY

I see no problem with it, Mama Wolf. I would think that if a particular forum only wanted locals, they have a statement to that effect.

Did you check your Junk Mail folder?

I don't think it's a no-no. I'm a registered member of several out-of-state forums. I abstain from voting in the local elections (often information and/or ballots are sent out automatically to all registered users) but otherwise have felt welcome to contribute to various discussions and ask questions.

My best guess is that your situation has simply slipped through the cracks and is not the result of any admins trying to be rude. It looks to me like there is one person on those boards who has the ability to activate new logins, but that person hasn't logged in to either those forums or to GC.com in several months. Life issues may have cropped up, and the administration of the forums has taken a bit of a backseat.

If I were to give any advice, I would try reaching out to some of the other high-post count cachers on those forums to see if there are any other solutions to your situation. Someone might have an idea, or know of another user with admin access. I am a registered member of those boards, so if you can't see the user lists without an account feel free to PM me and I can send you some information.