Non-listed geocache?

captnemo

We out in the outback of NV offroading with our group. Stopped for lunch and one of our group found a geocache. I opened it and found a log dating from 2007 and several logs, one or two a year but no information sheet in the cache. There was some swag and the container had geocaching.com and geocahe on the outside.

I checked my nuvi for a possible cache with no luck. I signed the log and marked the cache on my GPS.

Back in camp I went to the web site and checked for a cache at the coordinates I have, none listed. Not sure what going on here? :laughing: It can't be a new cache as it had an old log book! It must have been listed or at least tried to be listed here due to the notes on the outside.

I guess I will just log it here :D so if you go to my stats. add one to them :rolleyes:

Maybe someone thought they were supposed to move the cache once they found it. I've seen posts of people finding TBs and leaving them wherever (in one case, a bookshelf in a Barnes & Noble), so anything could have happened. You could always look at the log usernames and back-search the users/dates on GC.com to find a common cache if you think it's been moved.

I would look for puzzle or multi caches in the area. You might have found a lost or archived final stage to one of those. Just a thought. You could also check the names on the log, look them up on geocaching.com and see what caches they logged at that time in 2007 to try to identify it.

Could you post the coordinates here?

N38 21.890 W119 06.141

Duh had to correct my coordinates

I took a look at the areas of both coordinates sets and found nothing helpful in the way of archived or unpublished cache pages. I guess it will have to remain a mystery.

As far as being moved, I don't think so as there aren't any chaches anywhere near and it is really out in the middle of nowhere. The container had "Geocache" stenciled on it and also "Geochaching.com" on it. I don't remember the names in the log, but I do remember that they were from differnt people in 2007, 2008 2009 and with mine 2010. Well it most likely will remain a mystery. :)