TB ref no question

Guest toscouk

Guest toscouk

Could someone please explain the differance between a TB ref number ie TB18DB and the number stamped on the TB ie 103298. I cannot see how one uses the referance number.

Also my TB Bowley`s Sigil someone has taken a picture showing the stamped number another geocacher has raised the question as whether this was OK to do.

Jonty

England

[This message has been edited by toscouk (edited 21 February 2002).]

Guest waldenrun

TheTBhhhh ID can be used to "Seek a Cache" by specifying it as a "Waypoint". That ID lets anyone look up the bug. The tag # should NEVER be made public. You should only know it if the bug has passed through your hands so you can enter logs against it.

Guest clatmandu

I would email the person who took the photo and tell him your going to delete the photo and why. Some people just don't think about it when they take the picture.

quote:
Originally posted by toscouk:

Could someone please explain the differance between a TB ref number ie TB18DB and the number stamped on the TB ie 103298. I cannot see how one uses the referance number.

Also my TB Bowley`s Sigil someone has taken a picture showing the stamped number another geocacher has raised the question as whether this was OK to do.

Jonty

England

[This message has been edited by toscouk (edited 21 February 2002).]

Guest Kimrobin

quote:
Originally posted by Ttepee:

I would suggest editing the photo (or asking the owner if they could) to blur the number or crop it out. I'd hate to delete a photo of the bug.. that's half the fun of them.

It's been done now.