Garmin etrexvistahcx vs GPSMAP 60csx

barn owl

You're going to get quite a few people who will say they'd grab the 60CSx in a heartbeat, but personally I like the Vista HCx better. It's a bit smaller, has better battery life, and while the screen is a bit smaller it has a higher pixel count so the image looks nicer. Functionally they're pretty much identical. Also it mounts to my bike/motorcycle handlebars very neatly.

Just my $0.02 :laughing:

I have worked with both of these units, and they are both good for navigation, but there are advantages and disadvantages to both. The Vista HCX has better battery life, but the button positions take a bit of getting used to. I lke having a separate "mark" and "find" button on the 60CSX as well as having the external antenna connector. I like the way the Vista's memory card fits in better. I think that some people preferred the 60Csx because it had the SIRF chipset in it, but a newer unit I got has the Mediatek chipset. The compass in either unit works well enough. Either of these units can be used for car navigation, but of course the dedicated car units work better. I am new to geocaching, so I can't really say if one unit is better than the other for this task.

I have worked with both of these units, and they are both good for navigation, but there are advantages and disadvantages to both. The Vista HCX has better battery life, but the button positions take a bit of getting used to. I lke having a separate "mark" and "find" button on the 60CSX as well as having the external antenna connector. I like the way the Vista's memory card fits in better. I think that some people preferred the 60Csx because it had the SIRF chipset in it, but a newer unit I got has the Mediatek chipset. The compass in either unit works well enough. Either of these units can be used for car navigation, but of course the dedicated car units work better. I am new to geocaching, so I can't really say if one unit is better than the other for this task.

I dislike the clickstick select/enter mechanism --- too easy to select a different item

Bigger screen is easier to view.

I had both the Etrex Vista HCX and the 76CSx (same as th 60CSx)

On my HCX it always took longer to get to GZ than the 76CSx. So I sent the Etrex to my grandson and bought the new 78S. Still getting use to it. My all time favorite is the 76CSX. i have always had the 76 line. Go with the 60CSx