Southern Indiana Hike / Geo-cacheing

JerryDB

Hello Everyone, I am planning a hike / geo-cache find sometime in October. In the Hoosier National Forrest, in the Deam Wilderness, ( South of Lake Monroe ) there are over 50 Geo-caches on the website. I plan on spending a few days out there chasing them down....I Hammock camp, so light weight and moving is the goal....

Anyone intereted in going???? If there is enough responses, I will send e-mail to give details...

thanks

JerryDB

You might want to keep checking on status as far as Deam Wilderness caches go. We've heard some discussion that the IDNR may be taking a harder look at cache placement, and there may be some changes coming down the trail. The Deam is one of my favorite areas to hike, camp, and cache, and I've got a few very cool (I've been told) caches out there. If it turns out we're directed to pull them then they'll get pulled. I just mention that so that you don't plan your trip around hitting the many excellent Deam Wilderness caches, only to find they've been archived out from under you.

It is indeed an extremely beautiful area. I'm sure you'll love it if you do go do your hike.

Can't comment on the hammock camping. I tried one of those things and felt like I'd been snared in a web or something! :blink: