Must-See Caches in KS

crossmage

I was out there a few years back....one that I liked was called "Bazaar Cattle?" (GCTBQ2). It's about 1/2 way between Wichita and Topeka on 35. It is the definition of open range. You pull off into a cattle crossing over the highway and you can just see forever from the cache! Not sure if that is in your route but very cool and really the one that sticks out to me from there because of the nothingness around!

One cache you should take a look at is The German Cave by Rapid.

GCM8CN

It's a 3.5/5 that is just north of Russell (a bit before you get to Hays) off of I-70.

I made Mingo and the German Cave today. Awesome view there and a fun find and one I'd recommend to anyone. I lost my transmission on the way back to the Interstate - but that was just another adventure....

I was out there a few years back....one that I liked was called "Bazaar Cattle?" (GCTBQ2). It's about 1/2 way between Wichita and Topeka on 35. It is the definition of open range. You pull off into a cattle crossing over the highway and you can just see forever from the cache! Not sure if that is in your route but very cool and really the one that sticks out to me from there because of the nothingness around!

That is a great cache. There has been another one recently added at that "exit".

One cache you should take a look at is The German Cave by Rapid.

GCM8CN

It's a 3.5/5 that is just north of Russell (a bit before you get to Hays) off of I-70.

I made Mingo and the German Cave today. Awesome view there and a fun find and one I'd recommend to anyone. I lost my transmission on the way back to the Interstate - but that was just another adventure....

I'm glad you enjoyed it... and sorry your transmission did not.

There are worse areas to break down, but there sure are a lot better.