Garmin Rino 530 HCx - memory card Micro Sd max size & HC compatable?

SuaveGato

Hello,

Just wondering if anybody might be able to help me out? I just bought a pair of Rino 530HCx's. I am looking for a memory card, Micro SD and can't find ANY information on if they are compatable with micro Sd HC (High Capacity) and what is the max size memory card they will recognize?

Anyone know the correct answer to either of these two questions?

Thanks,

biGjOhn

Here's what I got back from Garmin, Just in case anyone else searches for this or needs to know? A+++ customer service from them again, as usual, Garmin, you ROCK!

Thank you for contacting Garmin International.

I will be happy to assist you with your questions about the Rino 530HCx and the micro sd card capacity today, John.

The unit originally came out compatible with a 2GB micro sd card. Since then we have developed software for the 530HCx that will allow the unit to read a 4GB micro SDHC card.

If your software version is 2.80 or 2.90 you have the capacity for a 4gb card. If your software is not at this level you can update it by running webupdater a free download from our site.

Here is how to check you software on the Rino 530HCx:

Main Menu > System > At the top of the page is an x and to the left of it a sheet of paper > Highlight the paper and press enter > choose > Software Version.

Here is a link to webupdater:

http://www8.garmin.com/support/collection....ct=999-99999-27

Please respond for further assistance.