Can't log TB retrieve!!

salmon_run

Help, first time with a TB. When I attempt to log it, the screen requests a Tracking Number/ID which I do NOT have. Also on the page it says Bennington2 retrieved by memphis69 with a checkmark. Does this mean someone logged taking the TB but left it behind? I have the TB but do not know what to do next....remember this is my first TB encounter. Thanks in advance

If it's a trackable TB it should have a tag with the tracking number on it. Did it have a tag with it?

What is the URL to the travel bug in question or the URL to the cache you are talking about?

Brian

As long as you're going to think anyway, think big. -Donald Trump

Brian, thanks for the reply. Feel dumb about the #, but since I used the tag # to reach the screen I ASSUMED this was a different #. URL is:http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=6105c50c-ee39-457c-aad4-653034954d73

Tag # = ?????? I am still confused about the checked box indicating the TB was retreived by the same person who placed it there. I will NOT try the Log again until I hear back. Thanks

[This message was edited by salmon_run on July 08, 2003 at 02:51 PM.]

I would edit your post and remove the tracking number....but yes you have to enter that same number again...

I assume you are talking about hte freddy 4 wheeler TB...it's still assigned to that cache (Bennington2)...if you picked it up from that cache then it is correct. Go to the travel bug tracking page, enter the number..you will have to enter it again, then tell it you retrieved it. Make sure you log your find on the cache page as well...when drop the bug into another cache, then go to that caches page and dorp it in there when you post your find...there is a place for it there, just look for it...

Brian

Brian, with your help I finally got a log entry for Freddy. On the log page there was a pre-checked box indicating the TB was rertieved from Bennington2 by m--------. At first I thought that the bug had ALREADY been picked up. However, I now understand that this was to indicate that I had picked it up. Everything is now ok on the TB log and cache page. Thanks again.

P.S. I live near a large lake in Northern CA. I was thinking of doing a multi-cache with boat access only...would this be ok??

quote:
Originally posted by salmon_run:

P.S. I live near a large lake in Northern CA. I was thinking of doing a multi-cache with boat access only...would this be ok??

Go for it. Just state in the description what is required, and rate the terrain a 5 since special equipment (a boat) is required.

You should also read through the requirements page and be aware of all the rules. That will save time if you don't have to go back and fix anything.

I look forward to approving your cache.

Hemlock - Geocaching.com Admin for Northern California

Easy...that number says it hasn't been released yet and that it's in the hand of the owner..

Also I was advised before not to post the numbers of the TB's as it makes it easier to bogusly move it around and rack up miles. You might want to edit that part out of the message.

Brian

Help. I guess I need a valid tracking number. Where do I find this if it is not the number on the aluminum tag? I have contacted the person who placed "Louie" in the Idaho cache and she believes it was logged properly. I tried to use the reference number Txxxxx on Louie's TB page.

Easy