Dipping, Journaling, & RSS

nericksx

My original idea to post here was to suggest adding an RSS feed to the TB pages. My personal desire for this is so that I can export the feed to my blog because we most often cache while we camp so there are usually stories and pictures involved with my personal TB log (it's a Traveling Cacher Geopatch). I would really love it if you could choose to have your TB page look and act more like a blog, where images could be embedded in the text, and you could export all the content to Blogger or LiveJournal or WordPress or what-have-you.

I also really like the idea of a "Dip" option as discussed in another thread. Perhaps the "Dip" option could be combined with the blog idea as a way to use a personal TB to log your caching adventures and share them with others.

Thoughts?

I didn't see this thread before responding to another concerning the same kind of thing. so to repeat myself:

I think we need to let travel bugs be travel bugs and leave these little guys to journey on their own through the community. Journaling, personal tracking, and everything else we are trying to do should not be placed on the back of a TB. We shouldn't change what a travel bug does best.

I think your personal profile would be the place to track you. That's where I would ask for an upgrade.

My cache finds would show on a map and I don't have to back-log after purchasing a travel bug or coin just to show where I've been. Allow people to 'found' me, once they've met me on the street or trail - No tracking number necessary. Give me a personal log that I can choose to share with public/friends that doesn't require searching through cache listings.

etc.,etc.,etc.

Edited by BlueDeuce

I agree - I have been exporting my logs for a while to a blogspot blog. This is so if anyone is actually interested in reading the stories I write (I'm not known for short logs lol), people can follow my adventures easily. There is just no way to do this now with the website.

How about it, GC.com? Make a "Show logs by (cacher)" link somewhere where you get a nice little summary, in chronological order (or sortable, newest to oldest or oldest to newest - mine would be best read oldest to newest, but some people don't do them in any kind of order), similar to what you see when you click on the link on your own profile page. It would be a great addition to the site.

As it is now, I use GSAK and the My Finds PQ to extract my logs, and then cut and paste them into the blog.

If you're interested - http://fireref.blogspot.com

Think about it...its a good idea.