Looking For A Magic Phone

Well I can now locate caches in far and distant locations that I have not accounted for before leaving my home roost. Still have the Oregon and 60csx so in fairness should never be short of a cache to find wherever I am. Just wish that Groundspeak would hurry up and develop a legal android programme in which we could all enjoy. Thanks to all those who helped with their advice, certainly most appreciated. I'll have to visit Kernow again now and grab a few more caches! Happy Caching. :unsure::):laughing:

Well I can now locate caches in far and distant locations that I have not accounted for before leaving my home roost. Still have the Oregon and 60csx so in fairness should never be short of a cache to find wherever I am. Just wish that Groundspeak would hurry up and develop a legal android programme in which we could all enjoy. Thanks to all those who helped with their advice, certainly most appreciated. I'll have to visit Kernow again now and grab a few more caches! Happy Caching. :unsure::):laughing:

glad you got it all working, Graham

as for other apps on my HTC, I have lots which are huge fun (check out SpecTrek, it's addictive :grin: , and Google Goggles is fab too, as is Layar), but probably the most useful are the barcode scanner (scan a product in a shop and it will do an instant product search and tell you where you can buy the same thing online cheaper), 3G Watchdog (to check you aren't going over your data limit), 3Banana (notes), and Astrid todo list.

enjoy!

Thanks for all the help and advice, has all been most helpful. All I can say though is that we have certainly in the past few years moved on leaps and bounds from the paper map, compass, protractor/romer and pencil that is for sure. I can remember when having a Silva compass was the Bee's Knee's, now its Oregon 500's and Smart or IPhones. Where will it end?? Thanks again. :blink:;):):P:P

OK, so now I have gone out and purchased a HTC Wildfire Mobile Phone (Android) The question now is can I download Geocache Navigator apps and how? The provider is Vodaphone. :(:D

Well done, they're like rocking horse doo doo, that's the one phone I really want to get on payg, my local p4u guy has been trying for weeks to get me one (cheaper than online) sigh.

I'm a newbie up in Fife! Not doing very well so far but enjoying the challenge. I did a bit of research but was confused about what GPS to get so upgraded my mobile to one that could download apps. I chose the HTC Desire and i'm loving it. Downloads cache info no problem and i'm sure i'm close to the couple i've looked for but they've been very overgrown so i backed out again. :laughing: