Earwigo Completion Code

remme

I'm finishing my first Wherigo cartridge using Earwigo and would like to have the completion code pop up at the end of the game. I read in another thread where someone had the completion code moved to the players inventory after it popped up, how would you do that using Earwigo?

I have read in other threads that to show the completion code to the user just put this in a messagebox (including the square brackets):

[[You survived, your completioncode is :]] .. Player.CompletionCode

Where would I put this in Earwigo?

TIA

remmec

The best place to ask Earwigo support questions is in the Google group, for which you should have received an invitation along with your account creation.

Despite being the author of Earwigo, I actually know very little about the ins and outs of the Wherigo runtime system. I'm slightly surprised that there isn't a standard function to show the completion code.

However, if what you've described works for other builders, then - assuming that you didn't change the variable delimiter from ~~ on theCartridge tab - the equivalent for Earwigo should be a message box containing:

You survived, your completioncode is : ~~Player.CompletionCode~~

If I've got that wrong (I'm on vacation with a very slow connection, no access to the source code, a bad memory, and I've just finished a very nice dinner :lol:), then I hope that one of the Earwigo usage experts will correct the syntax.