Can you save Cache's on to satnav?

Once you have your GPX file, you may want to put it onto a satnav - I think that's what you are asking.

I use GSAK database that has a cool macro that generates the files for you with all the right icons for different cache types - and yes it does bleep as you drive past geocaches.

To do this without GSAK, take a look at this link:

http://bit.ly/aKk3LM

or just Google "Convert gpx to tomtom poi" - or Garmin or whatever satnav you use. There's a number of different converters available.

Once you have your POI files (Points of Interest), they just need to be copied into the MAPS directory of your satnav memory card, then you are good to go.

Adjust distances by changing the "Warn when near POI" settings in your satnav, then rather than just showing them on the screen the device will beep at you as you get within your set range of a cache.

The GSAK databse and tomtom macro is the neatest solution as it assigns different icons and groups for different cache types. So you can set it not to bleep at (or even show) puzzles.

Of course with any solution you have to keep it up to date - I do mine weekly and it works pretty well.

Hope that helps, and good luck

Edited by Lovejoy & Tinker

i use GSAK to convert them into files for my tomtom sat nav, not that i cache with it, just makes a great way to see the caches as you drive about.

Having them on the TomTom also makes it great for figuring out how to get to the general vicinity of the caches. Use it all the time for navigating through new parts of town.