fun or work

hobo dude
Followers 0

How many of you are surveyors and do you log your monument finds on here as well as the NGS site??? I am interested as I do GPS work for my company I would like to know if I might be able to log the finds that I get while at work. As it looks like I will be travelling I might be able to log finds fromeast coast to west coast and many points in between.

Any benchmarks I may find or use on the job I log as finds on Geocaching.com as I see no difference whether I find them as a surveyor or as a hobbyist. The fact that I am a surveyor has allowed me access to areas with benchmarks that are off-limits to benchmark hunters and I do use that to my advantage when I can. I do most of my benchmark hunting, however, after hours and on weekends.

Any time I find a benchmark and feel that the conditions have changed enough to warrant a report to the NGS, particularly on marks I've found on the job, I do as a surveyor and not as a benchmark hunter connected with Geocaching.com.

Keep on Caching! (and Benchmarking!)

- Kewaneh

Most of the bench marks and station marks I have logged on Geocaching.com I have recovered during a survey.

I do keep my eyes open while I travel, though.

Also, if I am going on vacation, I will download control point information for the area I will be staying in.

Even if I recover a point for fun, I will log it on the NGS website.

quote:
I would like to know if I might be able to log the finds that I get while at work. As it looks like I will be travelling I might be able to log finds fromeast coast to west coast and many points in between.

I say GO FOR IT! I don't survey for a living but I appreciate all the GeoCaching benchmark logs. Please add yours!

Everybody loves benchmarks more! icon_smile.gif