10-15 second delay between submitting log entry and recap page

Dr. House

Has anyone else had this problem since the new release? After submitting a log entry (I've solely been doing "Found" logs, but perhaps this happens for other log types?) the page just kinda sits and tries to load the recap page. This process takes at least 10 to 15 seconds every single time I submit a log before the site will finally go to the recap. Since I'm logging a personal TB into every single cache I find, I am also finding that I'll get that notification almost instantly, thus I realize that the site is working behind the scenes, but far slower than any other submission page (TB retrieval, for instance).

I'm using Vista Home Premium SP2 with IE8.

I've posted this in the "Get Satisfaction" page also, but in case it gets overlooked, I wanted to place it here too.

Also noticed this error message at the bottom left-hand corner of the browser window:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; .NET4.0C)

Timestamp: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 15:24:08 UTC

Line: 73

Char: 30

Code: 0

URI: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?ID=604421

I've discovered that if I choose not to drop any TB's into a cache that I've found, the recap page will display almost instantly. So I'm wondering if there's some sort of back-end process (between trackable database and geocache database, assuming those exist separately) that isn't talking happily to each other and thus causing the latency?

I can also replicate the lag that I'm seeing with a found log w/Trackable drop on Safari 5.0 for Windows if that helps any.

Hope this helps!