ExploristGC perpetually loading....

I did my weekly cache update, about 8000 caches, after unplugging the device, it usually takes about 5 minutes to reload all the caches, doing it's little start up animation. Well, my batteries died about 4 minutes into this process. Now every time I try to start it up, it's just perpetually loading, it never finishes, I've tried doing the paperclip into the hole and it restarts and does it all again :/ Anyone know what to do? I can't even get it to communicate with my PC since that comes after the initial load screen.

Try to hold menu+up+power at the same time, and see if you can connect to the PC. If you can, delete your GPX file, and it will come back. You need to be plugged into a PC before you do the key sequence. It should show up as an external drive.

Edited by miniwhip

Try to hold menu+up+power at the same time, and see if you can connect to the PC. If you can, delete your GPX file, and it will come back. You need to be plugged into a PC before you do the key sequence. It should show up as an external drive.

Yeah I got it to boot up in "Mass storage mode" deleted my GPX files, and even reinstalled the 1.4 firmware, and nothing. I've only had it for like 25 days, so I'm just going to go back to Target and exchange it for a new one. I looked it up only, and only found 1 other site containing info on this, and Magellan had to have the guy send it in to get replaced.

Yeah I got it to boot up in "Mass storage mode" deleted my GPX files, and even reinstalled the 1.4 firmware, and nothing. I've only had it for like 25 days, so I'm just going to go back to Target and exchange it for a new one. I looked it up only, and only found 1 other site containing info on this, and Magellan had to have the guy send it in to get replaced.

I ended up just going back to Target and exchanging it for the same unit, hurray for a "brand new" gps haha.

I ended up just going back to Target and exchanging it for the same unit, hurray for a "brand new" gps haha.

This happened to me as well. I ended up calling magellon and they had me send it to them and they sent me out a new one.

What was worse, is I gave it 24 hours to come up and it still didn't. I just burned in the screen!

I no longer use vantage point since i am afraid it will mess up the unit. I now load the geocaches manually. To speed up time, I also delete the geocaches from the unit any time i load a new pocket query. I don't use the "how many found" and "awards" the system has.