My First Find

WTurbiasz

So after discovering the site a few days ago me and my wife went out to find our first cache. I use by blackberry GPS to get the location and after about 5 minutes we found it. It was a little pill container with a log inside that we signed and of course returned everything where we found it.

My question however is what do I put in the log on the website. I basically said that we found it and that there was a cute sticker inside. Should I have not said what was in there ?

Tek

Yes also log it online.

A suggestion: when you log it write about your experience getting to the cache, the weather, how hard it was to find, how much you enjoyed it, etc. I try to always write at least two to three sentences. The better the cache the more I write. This lets others know how good a cache it is and thanks the owners. Please don't just put TFTC TNLNSL! unless it was a bad cache

Well done on your first :D

It's OK to mention something you saw in a cache. When it's a larger cache many people mention what they swapped (if they did any swapping... you don't have to). The cache owner will be pleased to hear any of your experiences finding the cache - Was it fairly easy for you? Many muggles about? What was the area like? Did you notice anything important? Remember that if you stick with this game that you yourself will probably look back on that first log occasionally and reminisce.

It's also worth mentioning that you can always go back and edit your log if necessary.

Onwards and upwards... to the next... and the next...

MrsB

Thanks for all the info. Yes we already have some new ones on the list that we wish to go looking for. This time we plan on taking some pictures as I wasn't even aware that this was an option. This is so cool I cant believe I haven't heard of till now. ((Crawling out from under the couch))