Found my stolen (lost) Oregon 300 after two months!

Yesterday, I found my Oregon 300, which I thought had been stolen out of jeep, in the backyard of my old house! It makes me feel better about my new neighborhood because I thought one of my neighbors had reached into my Jeep and took it. But, I was an idiot and hung it in a bush to not scratch it and completely forgot about it while I was moving.

Yesterday, my friend and I went to the old house to mow the weeds and he bumped it with the lawn mower's wheels! I thought about not telling the wife that I forked out $300 for an Oregon 450 because I knew that she would kill me. Anyway, these units are tough because it survived extreme temperatures, and a couple of storms, outside for two months! I wasn't sure if it would start up, but I put a new set of batteries in it and it started up fine. The only thing that happened to it was that the screen protector was no longer see through. I have to say that I am very impressed with how tough these units are.

I thought about not telling the wife that I forked out $300 for an Oregon 450 because I knew that she would kill me.

Give it to her - she might feel better about it then.

Lucky for you that nobody picked it up before you did - and that it still works!

I'll give her the Oregon 300 to replace her Oregon 200 and give the Oregon 200 to the kids. :lol:

I thought about not telling the wife that I forked out $300 for an Oregon 450 because I knew that she would kill me.

Give it to her - she might feel better about it then.

Lucky for you that nobody picked it up before you did - and that it still works!

I'll give her the Oregon 300 to replace her Oregon 200 and give the Oregon 200 to the kids. :lol:

Great idea! I have the same trickle-down technology strategy here, but I don't usually initiate it with a loss/find event.

But it's a great idea for all the recipients. :lol: