Ifinder GO manual waypoint entering

rbcn

so i have been using my Iphone for caching, its pretty sweet, but that leaves my lady with nothing to cache with when im at work or out of town, so to solve that i found an Ifinder GO (old school i know) on ebay for a few bucks just so she can have a lil something to run around with and find stuff. I have read 25-50 posts on this lil gps and i cannot for the life of me find out how to manually enter in coords to go out and find a cache. i have read the different ways to hack it with the serial cable, but if it can save me a few bucks and i have to burn a few extra minutes imputing by hand i dont mind all that much. just looking for someone that may still know how to do that with this old dinosaur of a gps. i see how to move the cursor and save a coord but that is only so useful. thanks for all the help in advance!

rbcn!

If I remember correctly from my old iFinder PRO days, you hold the MARK button down for a couple of seconds and that will pop up a screen showing your current location & coordinates. Now just cursor up to the coordinates and edit/change them to whatever you want and "save" it.

It's worth the effort, as even the little iFinder GO will (probably) have greater accuracy than your iPhone once the coordinates are loaded into it.. I hope you don't start getting upset when your lady friend starts finding caches faster than you! :)

Edit ==> or press the MARK button twice if holding it down doesn't do it. Good luck

Edited by NordicMan