Oregon 550 w/ Multiple GPX files

Zor

I am planning my trip to Geowoodstock and I am going to have several large GPX files for Washington & Oregon state. I've been perusing the cache areas and am making note of certain cache areas that I want to hit on certain days. I'm marking down a lot of cache codes that are grouped together so that I can optimize my time in the car and on the trail.

My question is this, is it possible to tell the Garmin Oregon which GPX PQ file I want to use instead of it simply using all GPX files at once?

I would like to create a filtered PQ with GSAK that has only the caches I have marked for my route, but also have a large PQ that contains ALL of the caches for the area. I would like to be able to toggle between them so that when I finish an area, I can flip the other one on and see if there are other caches I want to hit that weren't in my original plan.

I'm thinking kind of like how POI's work on the Legend. I can create several POI files, and when I tell it to "find" a custom POI, I have the option of picking which POI file I want.

Anyone know if you can do something like this on the Oregon? Or even if you have a suggestion on how I could do this better I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

You can't do this on the Oregon itself, but there are a couple of options which might work for you.

1) Bring multiple SD cards with different GPX files. Swap the cards when you want to swap databases.

2) If you have a computer or smartphone you can connect your Oregon (or insert the SD card in the smartphone) and rename files so that the Oregon will use the gpx file you want. Preload all of the files you want ahead of time but rename them to file1.gpx, file2.xxx, etc. When you want to swap connect to a computer and rename file1.gpx to file1.xxx and file2.xxx to file2.gpx and reboot. Similarly you can do the rename on a smartphone to achieve similar results.