Micro Travel Bugs

GPS-John

Is it possible to buy Travel Bugs that are small enough to fit into micro caches ?. I have thought about cutting down a standard bug but that seems a bit pointless if small bugs are available. I have searched UK suppliers but have not found any yet.

John

Edited by GPS-John

Actual Travel Bugs? No, I don't think so.

The tags are held to a standard size/shape/design to help with in keeping them recognizable to all as a Travel Bug.

There are some that send out travelers w/o a tag (recording the number itself on the hitchhiker), but most always they run into some trouble as being recognized for what they are intended to be -- a Travel Bug.

A few "micro" geocoins are in existence and available.

Is it possible to buy Travel Bugs that are small enough to fir into micro caches ?. I have thought about cutting down a standard bug but that seems a bit pointless if small bugs are available. I have searched UK suppliers but have not found any yet.

John

Probably best to go with a micro geocoin, but keep in mind tiny travelers are easily lost.

One of the first trackables I found was a travel ingot geocoin. It fit perfect in a micro container. Being the first to find it after being placed, was worried about placing it somewhere and it being taken, for I have visited caches that supposedly had trackables, but they were not present. This one definately is desirable, but I just checked and as of the 6th is still in play.