Geocaching with Android

A moderator asked that I move this topic to this forum rather than the iPhone forum. Apologies to those that note the duplication.

I have created a Facebook group, Geocaching with Android If you play Facebook games come join the group.

Regards,

JustMike

A moderator asked that I move this topic to this forum rather than the iPhone forum. Apologies to those that note the duplication.

I have created a Facebook group, Geocaching with Android If you play Facebook games come join the group.

Regards,

JustMike

I went out with my Android G1 this afternoon and tested my Wherigo cartridge "HighLand_Fling" it was compiled as a PC Wherigo. Overall, the Android pretty much followed the script but I was at an advantage because I knew what was going to happen. As usual it had trouble finding the Zone.

Regards, Tom Birchmire

I went out with my Android G1 this afternoon and tested my Wherigo cartridge "HighLand_Fling" it was compiled as a PC Wherigo. Overall, the Android pretty much followed the script but I was at an advantage because I knew what was going to happen. As usual it had trouble finding the Zone.

Regards, Tom Birchmire

I gave WhereYouGo a spin over the weekend too. Worked fine. No software problems, in any case.

At the risk of turning this into a discussion about Wherigo caches and getting told by the moderators to move it to yet another forum, it appears that Wherigo cache creators need to be more flexible on zone definition as GPSr are just not that accurate. I found myself wandering back 'n forth over a small area waiting for the software/hardware to decide I was within a zone. Expecting a GPSr to provide accurate location information within a yard or two is silly. Create zones that are 30' in diameter at a minimum. They are 'zones,' after all.

Regards, mike