workaround for non functioning Garmin Communicator plugin for linux users?

Dear forum.

Has somebody found a solution for linux users, so we can use the "download cache" function on Geocaching.com.

As far as I know garmin still does not want us to use their communicator plugin for firefox except it we use MicroSoft.

But maybe somebody knows a workaround.

Thanks.

Dear forum.

Has somebody found a solution for linux users, so we can use the "download cache" function on Geocaching.com.

As far as I know garmin still does not want us to use their communicator plugin for firefox except it we use MicroSoft.

Thanks.

Which GPS are you using?

Newer Garmins support drag-and-drop of GPX files right to the unit.

that presumes that you're working in a GUI that actually supports copying/moving files per drag & drop. plus, it requires two steps (download GPX & move it to the unit's storage), as opposed to only one when using the "send to GPS" button. well, i assume it works with a single click, i've never used that plugin myself (linux user here as well).

Dear forum.

Thanks.

Which GPS are you using?

It is possibel fo me to communicate with my Dakato 20 via usb since Linux recognice the device as a normal "mass storage device"

To be more presice the function I'm missing is the "send to Gps " button in a cache description in Geocaching.com. This function only works with The Garmin Communicator plugin - under microsoft....But maybe you guys loads the cache descriptions to your gps in another way..?

But it seems that I have to take a look at gps bible...it looks like it can do the job...Thanks for the tip

Edited by Tusenisserne

I have come across a version of the plugin for Linux. I've tested it and it works with my Garmin etrex LEGEND HCx.

http://www.andreas-diesner.de/garminplugin/

There are instructions on the site for setting it up.

Here is my configuration for the plugin:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?>
<GarminPlugin logfile="" level="ERROR">
<Devices>
	<Device>
		<Name>Home Directory /home/kevin</Name>
		<StoragePath>/home/kevin/.config/garminplugin/gpxs</StoragePath>
		<StorageCommand>gpsbabel -i gpx -f %1 -o garmin -F usb:</StorageCommand>
		<FitnessDataPath></FitnessDataPath>
	</Device>
</Devices>
<Settings>