Benchmarks in Cheshire, Ohio - ABANDONED CITY

Rubbertoe

Cheshire is the town that, as you may have heard, is in the process of being bought out by AEP.

The power plant there apparently has been covering the town with milky white rain and blue clouds of gas during the summer months. To keep themselves from getting the crap sued out of them down the road, AEP wisely got all of the 200-some residents to sign something that said they'd never sue... and they were all paid a portion of $20 million for their quick departure.

There appears to be a handful of benchmarks around that town - and it might be a good idea for someone to go there and log them, because there is a good chance they will be gone soon - if anywhere near that town.

I'm not terribly familiar with the area, so I can't tell what parts of the town are going to be bulldozed or whatever - but I do know that at least there aren't any caches within city limits.

For anyone interested in the whole story, just do a search in any engine for "cheshire ohio aep" and you'll get some articles.

Cheshire Area Caches

Cheshire Area Benchmarks

banana.gifThe Toe Pages

quote:
Originally posted by Rubbertoe:

Cheshire is the town that, as you may have heard, is in the process of being bought out by AEP.

The power plant there apparently has been covering the town with milky white rain and blue clouds of gas during the summer months.

Is this the Cheshire in Delaware or Gallia county?

Can I use any ordinary umbrella for this milky white rain?