GPS Depot and the Huntinfool.com

Hello all,

A friend of mine who uses GPS to hunt (Oregon)(in Oregon!) sent me a link to the huntinfool.com. I see that they sell 24k equivalent maps in various states. I think he's interested in the public/private boundaries as well as the unit boundaries (not a huge deal). At a glance I do not see anything at GPS Depot that would have the public/private boundaries. We already have garmin's 24k maps. Am I missing something or is huntinfool's product actually unique in terms of the public/private boundaries? Or is there a free way to skin that cat?

Thanks,

Justin

You could find the data they used (its probably available for free) and then create your own map. Also, I would check but I believe the Oregon topos on GPSFileDepot probably have state/federal parks in which case you could assume everything else is private.

Some of the "land ownership" maps on GPSFileDepot (see AZ and NM as examples) show boundaries for various types of property (Indian Reservations, BLM, NPS, NFS, etc.). The authors use BLM data to draw the boundaries. I think this is what Oz was referring to. Not sure if this would help for hunting, though.