Lowrance Endura Out&Back - distance discrepancy

I went for a trail run today, carrying my Lowrance Endura Out&Back.

At the beginning of the run, I cleared the "Current Trail" as well as the data on the "Trip Distance" page.

At the end of the run, the Trip page said I ran 7.1 miles. The information about the trail said it was 6.7 miles long. When I uploaded the GPX for that trail to "Mapmyrun.com", the website said I ran 6.33 miles.

Which one is the most accurate?

Why the discrepancy?

Thanks,

Jeff

Were you able to view the breadcrumb trail the unit plotted? Was it a pretty smooth/accurate plot or did it have a lot of weird hiccups & jumps in it? If your trail run was at a fast pace & under heavy tree cover or a deep canyon trail then the device may have lost signal peridically.. that should appear on the trail plot.

I would probably believe the 6.7 advertised distance as long as you stayed exactly on the trail the whole time.

At the beginning of the run, I cleared the "Current Trail" as well as the data on the "Trip Distance" page.

At the end of the run, the Trip page said I ran 7.1 miles. The information about the trail said it was 6.7 miles long. When I uploaded the GPX for that trail to "Mapmyrun.com", the website said I ran 6.33 miles.

Why the discrepancy?

Thanks,

Jeff

We have noted that there is a discrepancy between the "Trip Distance" on the trip computer page and the "Current Trail" information. Off the top of my head the current trail distance is the correct distance. This issue has been resolved in the version 1.4 update that is due out next 2 weeks, from what I have been told.

I look forward to the update.

Thanks,

Jeff

Why the discrepancy?

Thanks,

Jeff

We have noted that there is a discrepancy between the "Trip Distance" on the trip computer page and the "Current Trail" information. Off the top of my head the current trail distance is the correct distance. This issue has been resolved in the version 1.4 update that is due out next 2 weeks, from what I have been told.