Oregon 450 Proximity alarms

When I get close to a cache, an alarm goes off telling me I'm there. The problem is it goes off hundreds of feet to soon. I can't find where to set this distance in the 450. Is it part of the GPX file? I use GSAK to create the GPX file. I can't find a way to set that in GSAK either. Thanks for any help given.

On my Oregon 400t I don't think there is a setting for that. I believe the unit adjusts the proximity alarm based on speed of approach. I've noticed if I'm walking slower (like a few weeks ago while looking at/for wildflowers) that the alarm is much closer than when walking at a normal pace (or even driving).

This is one of the features of my GPSMap which I hate the very most. I've been able to turn off the sound on that unit, but the notice at the bottom of the screen I haven't found a way to disable. "Yes, I know I'm arriving, pease shut mouf!"

I'm curious if there's a way to completely disable such an alarm/notice in the 450. Can anyone answer that?

This is one of the features of my GPSMap which I hate the very most. I've been able to turn off the sound on that unit, but the notice at the bottom of the screen I haven't found a way to disable. "Yes, I know I'm arriving, pease shut mouf!"

I'm curious if there's a way to completely disable such an alarm/notice in the 450. Can anyone answer that?

The settings will allow one to mute all sounds, but that might not help you if you want to keep some of the tones. My big problem with the 450 is much different: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=247861