Eurocaching

ASchear

Hey guys,

I'm planning to take a trip to Europe this summer to go backpacking and study at university. I'm kind of sure that I have to buy a new GPS for this (which I don't mind) because mine is labeled the Magellan Triton 300 North American. If I can just download new basemaps, that would be sweet - more info on that is appreciated.

Anyway, I am pretty open on where I can go in Europe, my only requirement being that I need to end up in Prague for University after 10-14 days of travel. I'm looking to make these 10-14 days awesome by traveling around to some amazing places. And thus, I am looking for recommendations - on awesome caches, on awesome cities, etc. I think this is the best place to ask, because geocachers really do know the best spots when it comes to travelling.

Thanks in advance

-Andrew

Hey guys,

I'm planning to take a trip to Europe this summer to go backpacking and study at university. I'm kind of sure that I have to buy a new GPS for this (which I don't mind) because mine is labeled the Magellan Triton 300 North American. If I can just download new basemaps, that would be sweet - more info on that is appreciated.

Anyway, I am pretty open on where I can go in Europe, my only requirement being that I need to end up in Prague for University after 10-14 days of travel. I'm looking to make these 10-14 days awesome by traveling around to some amazing places. And thus, I am looking for recommendations - on awesome caches, on awesome cities, etc. I think this is the best place to ask, because geocachers really do know the best spots when it comes to travelling.

Thanks in advance

-Andrew

No need to buy a new GPS. I'm sure, we'll get you a new basemap. Just PM me.

Steffen (writing from Germany)

Hey guys,

Thanks in advance

-Andrew

We did some geocaching in Prague just a few months ago! Be warned they are mostly micros, even the puzzles. You have to travel quite a distance outside the city before you get to small -regular size caches, however there are some small ones in the city most memorable were these ones (in no particular order):

Tancici Dum / Dancing House

RIVERSIDE

Prague Tribute

Terezka

Jindrich a Maria - this one took a while and the english hint was garbled.

Vaclavak / Wenceslas square

Mainly it was their inventiveness, or the fact there was room for small bugs and coins.