Which Gps is better? New to geocaching !

My husband and I are new to this. We are trying to decided if we should buy a handheld gps or continue to use our iphone. We have only located a couple not to far from our home with our phones and for the most part it worked great. The only down side is it takes forever to catch up with our location. I have been on ebay looking at gps's we dont want to spend a lot on one, We just need one that is going to get us to where we need to go, and help us find our way back to where we parked or walked. There are 2 on ebay that I found to be in our price range the Garmin Colorado 400t and the Magellan Triton 2000 or 1500. I could really use some input on which would be the best to choice!! Thank you for the input!! :P

I have a garmin Oregon 300 that I mainly use for caching, but if Im having a problem finding a cache

I'll grab my triton 400 and it will usually get me close enought to find the cache.

I love just about everything on the Oregon and dislike most of the triton, but it does seem to get a

better signal.

The new explorist might be something to look at, if they come out with a higher end model I just might go back

to Magellan

I have a garmin Oregon 300 that I mainly use for caching, but if Im having a problem finding a cache

I'll grab my triton 400 and it will usually get me close enought to find the cache.

I love just about everything on the Oregon and dislike most of the triton, but it does seem to get a

better signal.

The new explorist might be something to look at, if they come out with a higher end model I just might go back

to Magellan

I have two Magellan eXplorist GPS units (the 600 and the XL). My experience with Magellan's customer service, and complete lack of support for that line has really soured me to the brand. When I upgraded to my Colorado 400t, I truly went paperless and haven't looked back. I even create my own custom trail maps for the device.

Take a look at Garmin BirdsEye imagery on a Colorado - that was released two weeks ago and wow is all I can say.

Stay away from the Tritons, they're pretty buggy from what I've been told.

The eXplorist GC is nice but be warned the map it comes with is all it will support. No topo, no BirdsEye. No compass. It's a very limited unit - comparing it to a Colorado isn't really all that fair, as the Colorado has way, way more features at the cost of a more limited Geocaching manager on the unit.