How does emulator know my userid?

parmstro

When I test cartridges from my PC / userid it shows all the zones including inactive and invisible ones - I am told this is correct. So I want to test my cartridge from a different PC / different userid to see what it would like to someone else.

However, I come up as the same userid on my other PC. I tried logging in to Wherigo with my second Groundspeak id, downloading and installing the builder using that, but it still thinks I am parmstro?

I am not looking to crack other peoples' cartridges or cheat in any way, just want to use my alternative valid userid for testing.

It's not a function of the username which you used to download the Builder.

The emulator (and player) knows your userid from the cartridge, if you downloaded the cartridge from Wherigo.com. That requires you to have published the cartridge at Wherigo.com, which should of course mean that you have finished testing it. B)

(Yes - this really does mean that the GWC file which the player obtains from Wherigo.com is not byte-for-byte identical to what you uploaded. The downloader, in effect, recompiles the cartridge each time.)

For completeness, I'll mention the user name that is displayed when you compile the cartridge in the Builder and run it in the emulator is "builder".

Also, your invisible zones will display as light blue in the emulator only when you are running a cartridge you compiled from the Builder. This is to help you as the cartridge author work with and test your cartridge.

For completeness, I'll mention the user name that is displayed when you compile the cartridge in the Builder and run it in the emulator is "builder".

Also, your invisible zones will display as light blue in the emulator only when you are running a cartridge you compiled from the Builder. This is to help you as the cartridge author work with and test your cartridge.

Interesting - thanks for that. What will happen then if I send a friend a cartridge to test prior to uploading it on Wherigo.com? Sounds like it will play exactly the same as me trying it?

Interesting - thanks for that. What will happen then if I send a friend a cartridge to test prior to uploading it on Wherigo.com? Sounds like it will play exactly the same as me trying it?

Yes. It would be nice if you could have code which would extract some unique info from your PC, such as the MAC address of the network card, but you can't.