Oregon 450 Profile Problems. Help Please

I just bought a Garmin Oregon 450 today and I hooked it up to the computer to register it. It asked if I wanted to update to software Version 3.30. I said yes and it updated just fine. Here is my problem. When I started it for the first time after the update it went through the setup, language, etc. I picked English. Everything is fine that I can tell except the profiles. They are in another language. I have rechecked my setup for english and it seems fine. Everything else is in english. I don't know if this was a update problem because I didn't start the GPS pryor to doing the update or do I have something set wrong. Thanks for you time and help,

I just bought a Garmin Oregon 450 today and I hooked it up to the computer to register it. It asked if I wanted to update to software Version 3.30. I said yes and it updated just fine. Here is my problem. When I started it for the first time after the update it went through the setup, language, etc. I picked English. Everything is fine that I can tell except the profiles. They are in another language. I have rechecked my setup for english and it seems fine. Everything else is in english. I don't know if this was a update problem because I didn't start the GPS pryor to doing the update or do I have something set wrong. Thanks for you time and help,

I just experienced the same with a 450 new out of the box yeaterday. I did not check profiles before I updatet from 3.00 to 3.40. But afterwards the language on profile selection is just rubbish. Anyone with ideas??

I just experienced the same with a 450 new out of the box yeaterday. I did not check profiles before I updatet from 3.00 to 3.40. But afterwards the language on profile selection is just rubbish. Anyone with ideas??

Since it's new and you haven't changed a lot of settings, try a Master Reset.

Here's the link to the Wiki: Linky

I had the same problem. I just googled some of the profile names until I determined the language they were showing up in (Finnish?!) and then used google translate to find the English translation; then I just renamed them. IMO worth the work, because the default profiles are actually quite nice - it would have taken me a while to set them up on my own.