Downloading multiple GPX files

harryflashman

***** Edit *****

I have already solved my issue with PQ. I Re-read the instructions and had made a mistake.

Hi everyone!

I'm a n00b to geocaching and just received my handheld GPS yesterday. While i was waiting for it to be delivered I spent a lot of time reading the forum and looking at all of the caches in my locality, just raring to go out and get started.

I did a search for this but I couldn't find a solution, but I find it hard to search this forum as there is a 4 character limit on input words.

Anyway.... Is there a way to download multiple gpx files at once? (or a single gpx file that contains the info for multiple caches) I want to download a file with the nearest caches to my home, upload it onto the gps and go hunting. I have experimented with single files, and they download fine as a gpx file. When I select multiple files it only downloads as a loc file, which loses the hint info and other details (as far as I can tell).

I found a thread from 2004 which suggested using PQ to create a list of local caches. It was supposed to be automatically mailed to me, but nothing has arrived and it isn't in my spam folder.

Am I making a stupid mistake? Is there an easy way to download a single gpx file with say 200 caches on it that has the details/hint included?

Thanks for your time :anicute:

Edited by harryflashman

I did a pocket query a few times before it worked for me. Must of been user error..lol

I'd suggest trying it again. It seems to generate at midnight, so set one up for tomorrow as to receive and it should come in tonight. Try a simple one, say traditional Caches with traceables. I think if you make it too big, it wont be able to come either..

That was the only way I could find to download myself but I too am new.

Good luck!

Kathy