Moro Rock in Sequoia National Park

triplerx

I found a benchmark on top of Moro Rock in Sequoia National Park--I'm sure that I'm not the first to have found it. I've been trying to find it in the NGS database, but I haven't been able to locate it. My problem is, I took a picture of it, but half of the photo is cut off by shadow, and you can't see the whole benchmark. I'm hoping someone else has seen it, and might have a PID for it

This is my partial image of the Moro Rock (photoshopped a bit so it is now readable). Thanks all for your help--this was the first benchmark I found (living in Canada and all), very exciting! It makes me happy that it isn't in the database--Woohoo!

Yes, a disk not in the database is quite a find!

Hopefully, this site will someday have a place to put such finds in the database. Then Geocaching will have the most comprehensive benchmark database. icon_smile.gif

As far as I know, the only way to post a picture is to attach it to a benchmark-in-the-database that you've found nearby (doesn't apply in this case - there aren't any nearby), or put it in some personal web page and use the URL button in your post.

Well, let's see if this works. THis "should" be the picture of the benchmark (the shadow is still there, so it's a bit difficult to see). I've also tried to attach the view from the top of Moro Rock. If anyone is around Sequoia National Park, I highly recommend this little trek!

114278_200.JPG

114278_300.JPG

Man, talk about bringing a thread back from the dead.

I just read the whole thing and thought, "Just waymark it"

Then I realized the original posts were from 1993, that'd be BWM

(Before Way Marking)

I'll have to look to see if it is Waymarked.

That epoxy sure looks new, I'm guessing only 2 years old when photographed.