GPS lost all geocaches...

BulldogBlitz

Garmin, Etrex Legend H...

purchased in January, used for 71 caches to date.

yesterday afternoon, i stopped for a cache, used the GPS and then deleted the cache as i've done with all the ones outside of my home area. i got "home" last night from the business trip i was on to find that ALL of my caches, found and unfound, had been deleted. I went searching through the GPS looking for a way to "delete all" and cannot find it.

would this be a glitch.... or operator error? and can i get any of that info back?

yesterday afternoon, i stopped for a cache, used the GPS and then deleted the cache as i've done with all the ones outside of my home area. i got "home" last night from the business trip i was on to find that ALL of my caches, found and unfound, had been deleted. I went searching through the GPS looking for a way to "delete all" and cannot find it.

would this be a glitch.... or operator error? and can i get any of that info back?

I had the same thing happen today with a VistaHCx I just got. I loaded a bunch of caches into it last night. All seemed good. Playing around with it, I deleted a couple that I had already found.

Today, I got out to an area I was hoping to do a little caching, and all the caches and other waypoints I had were gone.

I looked through all the menus and could not find any way to intentionally delete all.

I'm thinking this Garmin might be going back to REI.

I had the same thing happen today with a VistaHCx I just got. I loaded a bunch of caches into it last night. All seemed good. Playing around with it, I deleted a couple that I had already found.

Today, I got out to an area I was hoping to do a little caching, and all the caches and other waypoints I had were gone.

I looked through all the menus and could not find any way to intentionally delete all.

I'm thinking this Garmin might be going back to REI.

If you want to display your entries in geocache mode you must load them with the closed treasure chest icon to be able to see them.

To see all your entries select Find > Waypoints.

There are two ways to delete all entries.

1. From the Waypoint or Geocache screen - press the lower left side menu button > Delete... > All Symbols

2. From the Trip Computer screen - press the lower left side menu button > Reset... High-lite and check Delete All Waypoints > Select Apply.

Another issue is as jholly described. Searching for waypoints by Find Nearest are limited by a set distance. If you've loaded waypoints for an area over 50 miles from your present location or you've traveled over 50 and have not allowed your gps to acquire your new position you have to display the waypoints by Find By Name to see them.

Edited by BlueDeuce