Dang TSA

scavok

I must be on some government list or something. My checked bags are selected for physical inspection every time I have traveled since turnng 18, though this time I can see how I may have set off a few alarms.

I had a half-dozen packages of coin trades that I wasn't able to mail out before leaving on vacation so I threw them in my bag to mail out when I got to Florida (woo spring break - too bad its over). Anyway, I guess a handful of boxes full of metal discs don't look good on x-ray.

At the post office they have their special "priority" tape, but I never knew that the TSA had their own special box tape. They really tried to fix them, I have to give them credit, but man they aren't gentle when it comes to opening boxes :) When I got to my hotel and opened my bag I saw the nice little note letting me know they rifled through my stuff. Then I saw my packges which consisted more of tape than box. But they did make sure not to tape over the addresses at least. Nice.

On another note for anybody here that collects non-money coins other than geocoins, NASA has a great collection of coins relating to all kinds of events and programs (who knew?!). I picked up a bunch at the space center while there.