Garmin GPS 60 - storing notes?

I just had my first find today and it was a blast! My question is, I sent the cache information to my GPS, and it worked great, but I can't see the notes/hints on my system. I see the notes section, but all I see is the title of the cache. Does anyone have this GPS that may be able to help? Does it only store the title or is there something I am missing?

Thanks!

Only the more recent models support recent log and hint information. For that, you'd want to look at a Colorado/Oregon/Dakota series. Until you make the plunge, however, a PDA or smart phone (or even a 'dumb' one with a decent browser) can retrieve that information if you aren't using hardcopy in the field. I have a pretty vanilla little Moto phone, but loaded the Opera Mini browser on it, and if need be I can always get log info that way from gc.com.

I just had my first find today and it was a blast! My question is, I sent the cache information to my GPS, and it worked great, but I can't see the notes/hints on my system. I see the notes section, but all I see is the title of the cache. Does anyone have this GPS that may be able to help? Does it only store the title or is there something I am missing?

Thanks!

Mine is a 60csx.

"Assuming" you've downloaded cache info/coords via usb? I've found that most of the alloted spaces in the note section for a specific cache is already usurped with the cache name and owner. I've taken to deleting some of the "unnecessary" wording, abbreviating and adding info I need... What I took/left, DNF, etc... Hope that's what you're looking for.

but I can't see the notes/hints on my system. I see the notes section, but all I see is the title of the cache. Does anyone have this GPS that may be able to help? Does it only store the title or is there something I am missing?

Thanks!

The Garmin 60 series GPSrs don't support paperless caching. However you can use a GSAK-Makro to generate POIs with parts of the description.

Use GSAK to transfer the caches and you can use the special tag %hint to have the hint (or parts of it) in the description field.

GermanSailor