Took the wife with me today

juanbob

I took my wife with me benchmark hunting today. What a difference it made! She has been geocaching with me before, but never benchmark hunting.

With her along, I found 80% of my target benchmarks instead of the normal 35%. I think the biggest thing is that having her along lends some sort of credibility to a guy wandering streets, bridges, etc with a GPS looking goofy. With her along today, nobody looked at me funny, nobody asked me what I was doing, nobody did anything. What a relief that was...I guess she needs to come along more often.

Juanbob icon_eek.gif

- and she didn't even think it was a waste of time, which was my main reason for not bringing her in the past. How nice!

My wife thought the benchmark hunting was suspect of being geeky when I first mentioned it to her. Since she knows I am a geek, and still married me, she agreed to try some benchmarks enroute to a geocache. She LIKED it! It is hard to talk a not-interested wife into tagging along on a "what the heck is that guy looking for in those weeds" trek, but it seems to be worth it. Mine now likes it and has actually requested I pick out some benchmarks before every geocache. Woohoo!

Juanbob icon_eek.gif