Issues with GPS not "seeing" USB connection

I was just wondering if anyone else has had any issues with their GPS (specifically Garmins) no longer seeing the USB connection after they upgraded to Windows 7. We had to get a new home computer, and now my Rino 520HCx does not see that it is connected to the computer via USB, and none of the Garmin utilities (Communicator, WebUpdater, MapSource) can see the device. GSAK does not see it, either.

I've been working with Garmin -- they first sent me a replacement unit, but it is having the same issue. I've downloaded the USB drivers 3 or 4 times, made sure Communicator is the latest version, etc. Garmin also asked if the computer had USB 2.0 or 3.0 -- it is USB 2.0.

The chipset on the new computer is an AMD Athlon TF-20, 1.6 GHz, single-core. The laptop is running Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit. Previous computer was running XP Professional (Service Pack 3) with an Intel Pentium M chipset (1.6 GHz).

Any thoughts or ideas as to what is going on?

I was just wondering if anyone else has had any issues with their GPS (specifically Garmins) no longer seeing the USB connection after they upgraded to Windows 7. We had to get a new home computer, and now my Rino 520HCx does not see that it is connected to the computer via USB, and none of the Garmin utilities (Communicator, WebUpdater, MapSource) can see the device. GSAK does not see it, either.

I've been working with Garmin -- they first sent me a replacement unit, but it is having the same issue. I've downloaded the USB drivers 3 or 4 times, made sure Communicator is the latest version, etc. Garmin also asked if the computer had USB 2.0 or 3.0 -- it is USB 2.0.

The chipset on the new computer is an AMD Athlon TF-20, 1.6 GHz, single-core. The laptop is running Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit. Previous computer was running XP Professional (Service Pack 3) with an Intel Pentium M chipset (1.6 GHz).

Any thoughts or ideas as to what is going on?

[/quoteWELL ITS GREAT TO KNOW IM NOT THE ONLY ONE, I THINK THIS ONE MIGHT RELY ON GARMIN, BUT MY GPS CANT EVEN RECIEVE WAYPOINTS AND GEOCACHES ANYMORE. SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!

Yes -- I have been able to update the software and download additional vehicles and voices for our Nuvi, hook my BlackBerry up (as both USB Mass Storage and through B'Berry Desktop Manager), use USB flash drives, connect our printer, download images from digital camera, connect a mouse, etc. I've tried all of these on both USB ports -- everything works other than the Rino.

I spent about an hour on the phone with Garmin Support yesterday afternoon, and was in a remote session for about 40 minutes. What was happening is that Windows was saying the USB drivers were installed, but they actually weren't. The support tech did something with WebUpdater, and lo and behold it works. So, all is good now.