Colorado Screen Scratch

I had scratched my Garmin eTrex a few years ago (actually it was Lewa). A nice deep scratch. I went to Tap Plastics here and picked up some rubbing compound. Took a while to rub it out, but it worked pretty good. The eTrex is a plastic, but it is a hard plastic so it takes a while.

Got a pretty good scratch on my Colorado's screen from it grinding up against a rock while I was climbing over it. Any idea how to buff this out?

4427858918_ccf467883d.jpg

Bottom left corner. It's not just dirt or a smudge, it is definitely a scratch.

Thanks!

Might want to try something fairly basic. Could be as simple as using a Zagg screen shield. Clean screen carefully but extra well before installation. Then use a hair dryer on low to let the shield fill the cracks and scratches (the basis for their guarantee if you ask me), never allowing the material to get hot to the touch ; may require more than one effort. You may see very little of the remaining scratches when you're done and with use since, thru use of the touch screen, you'll be pushing the material into the scratches. Best of luck to you!

N

Might want to try something fairly basic. Could be as simple as using a Zagg screen shield. Clean screen carefully but extra well before installation. Then use a hair dryer on low to let the shield fill the cracks and scratches (the basis for their guarantee if you ask me), never allowing the material to get hot to the touch ; may require more than one effort. You may see very little of the remaining scratches when you're done...

I agree.