First Puzzle Cache Advise

J the Goat

So here's the deal. I'm not into doing puzzle caches. For the most part, they just don't get me going and I'm not wired that way. Wish I was, they would make me feel smarter if I could solve them. I have noticed though that there is a shortage of them in my area and I am well aware that there are plenty of cachers who really enjoy them.

My idea is to make a puzzle cache that incorporates plaques and inscriptions around town. Something along the lines of using letters in the plaques to fill in the numbers in the coords with their corresponding numbers (A=1, B=2 and soforth.)

Would some of you puzzle officionados give me some feedback or advice on this idea? Is this something you'd chase? Or is it a waste of your time as it's not difficult enough? I'm aware that it would be pretty easy, and that there's not really anything to solve, however being that there won't be physical caches to find at each location it's not a multi, and like I said, I'm horrible at solving puzzles. I don't think I have the right state of mind to create one that's more advanced. Not yet at least...

So here's the deal. I'm not into doing puzzle caches. For the most part, they just don't get me going and I'm not wired that way. Wish I was, they would make me feel smarter if I could solve them. I have noticed though that there is a shortage of them in my area and I am well aware that there are plenty of cachers who really enjoy them.

My idea is to make a puzzle cache that incorporates plaques and inscriptions around town. Something along the lines of using letters in the plaques to fill in the numbers in the coords with their corresponding numbers (A=1, B=2 and soforth.)

Would some of you puzzle officionados give me some feedback or advice on this idea? Is this something you'd chase? Or is it a waste of your time as it's not difficult enough? I'm aware that it would be pretty easy, and that there's not really anything to solve, however being that there won't be physical caches to find at each location it's not a multi, and like I said, I'm horrible at solving puzzles. I don't think I have the right state of mind to create one that's more advanced. Not yet at least...

Go for it- I don't know about where you are but some very enjoyable and interesting ones here in Wellington, New Zealand- has the advantage that you can take people to WPs where it may not be practicable to hide a cache as well as to the final where it is possible! (We have a multi here in a cemetery which has a lot of historical items, done with permission and carefully structured to avoid any chance of trampling graves and it is being enjoyed and praised by cachers.) A multi for Points of Interest in your town sounds good, especially if it is one where you get out of town visitors who might want to be taken on a "guided tour."