missing mapsource leg time/leg speed

(Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere, I tried searching, but got an error message that said my search terms were under 5 characters. I don't know how to spell "leg" with more than 3!)

I have a Garmin 60Csx, just recently updated the software. When I download my tracks to mapsource, there is no leg time or leg speed. I tried contacting garmin and they said

"When the tracks are saved to the GPS unit, they are truncated to fit in the limited memory of the unit. Some information is lost in this process and leg time is one of them."

I swear I've seen leg time/speed before. Is this due to software updates? Am I crazy? Is there any way to change/correct this?

Thanks

... I have a Garmin 60Csx, just recently updated the software. When I download my tracks to mapsource, there is no leg time or leg speed. ...

There have been many discussions on this, but the search feature is the dumbest I've ever encountered - most searches I do need a word of less than 5 letters.

The leg time and speed is in the Active Tracklog in internal memory, and in the daily archived GPX file on the mSD card (provided you went into Track Setup and turned it ON).

When you Save an Active Tracklog or a portion of it, the time and speed data is discarded and the track is filtered to 500 points maximum.

Simplest solution is to use the GPX files from the mSD for use on your computer. Don't bother downloading the Active Tracklog or the Saved Tracklogs.

Bob

... Simplest solution is to use the GPX files from the mSD for use on your computer. Don't bother downloading the Active Tracklog or the Saved Tracklogs............
Interesting. I too like to retain the extra data. If I save the Tracklog to prevent it wrapping and overwriting data, I lose the time/ distance etc.

How do you get the daily .gpx files off the unit's card - do you have to use a card reader? And how is this easier than using the Active Logs (other than the wrapping problem)?

... How do you get the daily .gpx files off the unit's card - do you have to use a card reader? And how is this easier than using the Active Logs (other than the wrapping problem)?

You can remove the mSD card and use a card reader but there's no need as the GPS is also a "card Reader".

On a 60Cx, you go to Main Menu / Setup / Interface / USB Mass Storage / Enter and the GPS mSD card appears as a Drive on My Computer. Just copy the GPX files to your PC.

The data in the GPX file is identical to that in the Active Log in internal memory so you can use either. I prefer the GPX file because I go on many multi-day bike trips and the Active Log is overwriting the early trackpoints before I return home. There seems to be almost unlimited storage of daily GPX files so you can download at your convenience. If you forget to get the Active Log regularily you've lost it forever.

Bob