Anyone familiar with machawk?

Wreck Diver

On January 27, I flew from Boston to Minneapolis to Tokyo to Singapore and though I was on the aircraft for 24 hours, it wasn't long before I started trying to find some caches in Singapore.

On February 04, I stopped by the Lee Hsien Loong TB Hotel and retrieved a travel bug tag that wasn't attached to anything, but the original bag was marked as wanting to go to Nova Scotia. I retrieved the travel bug to return to Boston with me.

When I returned to the hotel however, I found that the travel bug had not been activated. I was able to return to the cache to review the log and I was able to gather that machawk had dropped the unactivated travel bug on January 17.

I have tried e-mailing machawk several times about his unactivated travel bug and its subsequent travels from Singapore to Tokyo to Minneapolis to Washington D.C. to Boston and to Cape Cod, but I have not been able to reach him. He's logging on frequently, so I am assuming the issue is with spam blocker software. He doesn't own any caches, so I cannot contact him via that route either.

If anyone knows how to contact him, please let him know I have his travel bug and have been trying to reach him so that he can activate it and I can catch up on all of the logs so that the mileage isn't lost.

If I don't manage to contact him, I'm guessing the only other option is to activate the travel bug and re-create all of the traffic and send him an adoption request once I do finally hear something for him.

Thanks for your help, or suggestions!

Keith M. McDonald

"Wreck Diver"

wreck_diver@comcast.net

I believe if you activate the TB there will be no need to apply for adoption for it will be yours.

I know people often leave unactivated TB's as trinkets. However it is odd to find one with a mission to not be activated.

Personally I think you have done your due diligence. I would enjoy the TB as you see fit.

Good Hunting

My only interest in activating the travel bug tag is so that it is able to resume its suggested mission. I was actually in Portland, Maine last week so I could have brought it a lot closer to its goal had it been activated.

Machawk appears to be a fairly new cacher and it appears to be his first travel bug, so I'm intent on trying to bring him up to speed on how travel bugs work and what he needs to do to get started as a travel bug owner.

I personally gave up trying to send my own travel bugs out safely in the world... other than the one I tethered to a shipwreck under forty feet of water.

Edited by Wreck Diver