Multiple pocket queries on Garmin 550

Thanks for the help yesterday loading a pocket query on my new Garmin 550. That set of caches is working fine.

I was told when I purchased the machine it would hold up to 500 caches in a file but I could load four files and switch among them for a total of 2,000 caches.

Today I wanted to load a pocket query of Earth Caches. I didn't want them mixed with the regular close to home 500 I loaded yesterday. For Earth Caches I am looking a much bigger area than I was on the first query. The first one that is working fine shows all caches in a 5 miles radius of my home. I want the Earth Cache radius to be 500 miles from home.

Both sets of files are in my Garmin/GPX files. I have not been able to figure out how to switch between the two Pocket Queries I have loaded. I can only see the close regular caches. The files have different names.

Any info would be helpful

Thanks

Texas Charles

Thanks for the help yesterday loading a pocket query on my new Garmin 550. That set of caches is working fine.

I was told when I purchased the machine it would hold up to 500 caches in a file but I could load four files and switch among them for a total of 2,000 caches.

Today I wanted to load a pocket query of Earth Caches. I didn't want them mixed with the regular close to home 500 I loaded yesterday. For Earth Caches I am looking a much bigger area than I was on the first query. The first one that is working fine shows all caches in a 5 miles radius of my home. I want the Earth Cache radius to be 500 miles from home.

Both sets of files are in my Garmin/GPX files. I have not been able to figure out how to switch between the two Pocket Queries I have loaded. I can only see the close regular caches. The files have different names.

Any info would be helpful

Thanks

Texas Charles

The unit switches automatically. You don't have to do it manually like some other GPSr's.

When you move your cursor near a cache where one of the 500 mile radius caches are, you will be able to see a cache there (as long as you are at the correct zoom level to see them).