Downloading pocket query to Dakota 20

k_2

I've been successfully sending caches to my Dakota 20 one at a time from the cache page. So far, so good.

I've also figured out how to set up and run a pocket query. Even better!

But, I can't figure out how to then load that 'bulk' file to my device.

I tried simply saving the emailed file (unzipped) to my D20, but the D20 doesn't show those caches in the list/on the map. It just doesn't seem to know the file is there.

I have a feeling I'm missing something simple, but I'm struggling to find the page with the answer. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

I've been successfully sending caches to my Dakota 20 one at a time from the cache page. So far, so good.

I've also figured out how to set up and run a pocket query. Even better!

But, I can't figure out how to then load that 'bulk' file to my device.

I tried simply saving the emailed file (unzipped) to my D20, but the D20 doesn't show those caches in the list/on the map. It just doesn't seem to know the file is there.

I have a feeling I'm missing something simple, but I'm struggling to find the page with the answer. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Should be simple. Create and run a Pocket Query. Once you receive the pocket query via email, save the attachment, unzip the file and copy the gpx files to [OR drive]:\Garmin\GPX. Geocaches will show up on the Found and/or Unfound List and child waypoints will show up as waypoints on the Oregon. This works for up to 500 geocaches (the limit of the pocket query). That should do it ...

Refer to this: http://garminoregon.wikispaces.com/Geocaching,

and

http://garmindakota.wikispaces.com/

Be safe.

N

Edited by Native20559

This is what I have been doing.....

plug in you unit to your pc...

open your pocket querrie with whatever zip file mng. you are using. Extract contents of file to your Garmin unit listed under your Computer. To do this it will ask you to extract to... and give you a drop down menu...select computer/garmin/garmin/gpx and save there. It will load your whole pocket querrie in one step. I hope this helps