GSAK HELP!

I posted the following on the GSAK forum, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of activity over there and I need an answer asap. If anyone can help with this it would be much appreciated. I've already put over 300 waypoints in GSAK-one at a time- and would like to prevent losing them if at all possible. I don't think a simple reinstall is going to fix the problem.

From GSAK forum:

I installed GSAK, version: 7.6.2.45, yesterday and everything seemed to be working fine. This morning when I tried to start GSAK, I got the following 'EAcess Violation' message:

2.1 Date : Mon, 1 Feb 2010 08:26:23 -0700

2.2 Address : 009ACC00

2.3 Module Name : gsak.exe - (GSAK Geocaching program)

2.4 Module Version: 7.6.2.45

2.5 Type : EAccessViolation

2.6 Message : Access violation at address 009ACC00 in module 'gsak.exe'. Read of address 00000000.

2.7 ID : 06B2

2.8 Count : 1

2.9 Status : New

2.10 Note :

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium.

The only way I can get out of the GSAK startup is to end it through Windows Task Manager.

What is the problem and how can I correct it?

Head over to the forums at www.gsak.net. They'll get you fixed up in no time.

Got'er fixed!

Thanks!

I'm having the same problem, what was your solution?

Looks like the issue was that the program is trying to "force association each time GSAK starts" it's an option in Tools > File Associations...

So either turning this off, or running the program as an Administrator (right click on the GSAK.exe file go to properties) solves the issue.