Nokia maps - finding caches

the pooks

Can one use Nokia maps for finding caches? It seems that the icon stays stuck at the nearest road so you are stumped for the last stretch to GZ.

I use SmartGPX to load PQs for paperless caching. The useful thing about SmartGPX is that one can export the caches locations as Landmarks which then show up on Nokia maps for easy navigation to near the cache. It is just the last bit that does not work as your location seems to remain stuck to the nearest road. I have tried the "walk to" but when you get right close the "walk to" disappears and then you cannot judge where you are.

I also use GC live which does work really well but requires live data connection. Then there is Trekbuddy (also on my phone), but I need to get used to that application. Also, you have to download separate maps for that and it does not have the zoom and navigation facility of Nokia maps.

Can one use Nokia maps for finding caches? It seems that the icon stays stuck at the nearest road so you are stumped for the last stretch to GZ.

I use SmartGPX to load PQs for paperless caching. The useful thing about SmartGPX is that one can export the caches locations as Landmarks which then show up on Nokia maps for easy navigation to near the cache. It is just the last bit that does not work as your location seems to remain stuck to the nearest road. I have tried the "walk to" but when you get right close the "walk to" disappears and then you cannot judge where you are.

I also use GC live which does work really well but requires live data connection. Then there is Trekbuddy (also on my phone), but I need to get used to that application. Also, you have to download separate maps for that and it does not have the zoom and navigation facility of Nokia maps.

Hi,don't go all techie on me, but I use Geocache Navigator by Trimble on my Nokia and it has a map option (road or aerial) when you get on the cache page?