It is Alive!

Heya all. I got my PN-30 that I bought on eBay last week tonight, and it fired right up. Took it about 10 minutes outside to lock on, and in walking the dog, had accuracies of +/- 6 ft. Not sure if that's possible without WAAS, which doesn't seem to cover my house. (That is in no way a surprise. This place resides in a black hole for anything that transmits or receives. Even our fully wired internet connection has fits here.....*grumble*) So far, it seems fairly intuitive for me. (Maybe I think in the skewed format of DeLorme engineers.... :lol: ) I loaded Topo 8, and after some fiddling and reading, have a topo map of my local (about 50 mile radius) area loaded onto the GPSr. Took a few more minutes to figure out the PQ system/Cache Register, but I now have the 500 closest to my house loaded as well. Looks like tomorrow, I get to start looking.

Down the road, I'll get a bigger/faster memory card, and a Map Library subscription. First impression of the PN-30 is awesome, however. Again, HUGE thanks for everyone who gave me advice during my buying phase.

Wish me luck!

Later!

Reference your "black hole"............

Ever have your house/curtilage scanned for RFI? Can affect quite a few things.

My PN-40 is "johnny-on-the-spot" just about anywhere within our house, even the basement.

In my son's house with his 6 computers,Wifi, cellphones, and many electronic devices that I wouldn't begin to comprehend, the PN-40 mostly sits there "spinning its' wheels".

:o:lol::lol::lol: